Thursday, June 24, 2010

Taking your lumps

Just in case word hasn't gotten around, I didn't pass my last set of board exams. What that means is 1, I have to take the test again in August in Chicago and pay the fee again (ouch), 2 I lost the job waiting for me in Orem and 3 I'm back to washing windows again. Needless to say, its been a very gut wrenching experience. If you have ever felt like you failed at something, you know its very difficult to separate the failure at a task from you being the failure. I guess we can look for the blessing in the trial, and I know we will be taken care of, but I sure could use the prayers you feel inclined to send our way. We have several challenges ahead. I need to find a place to be able to practice, while avoiding a law suit for practicing without a license, and keep up with our finances by trying to wash windows. Katie will again have to go to 2 separate schools this year, and all those dreams of starting to get out of debt are put on hold. What's the lesson? Wish I knew, but I am confident we were set on this path of school for a reason, and I know we were meant to succeed. We'll be okay. Things in August will go well. Its just been fun right now waiting for the emotional bruises to go away.
Thanks for listening to me complain.

2 comments:

Jana and Family said...

I am so sorry my brother! I am feeling your pain though, I just found out today that I didn't get the job I applied for either. The difference between you and I is I will have to wait a whole year before being able to reapply AND I am still not confident that next time will be any different.
I will keep sending up extra prayers for you and your family though. Hope the bruises heal soon. Love you.

Optometry martins said...

Thanks sis. I was sorry to hear about your trial as well. I guess the most important thing to keep in mind is this isn't a reflection of you or I, its just one of those things.