Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shall we have another?

Ok so here is another update from the Parker's.
Chet is doing really good with his shoulder but his back has been out for over a week. It is finally starting to feel a bit better. I think the cold weather has taken its toll on both of us this last couple of weeks as my knees have been giving me fits when I run for very long.

I have decided that I am going to attempt a 5k sometime this year, just to say that I did it! That is if my knees will cooperate and let me keep training for it. I am up to 3 mile in just under a half an hour, if I can finish the half hour. Sometime my knees hurt to bad and I have to drop to a walk. I will continue to work towards this goal however.
I started another type of manager training this last week, where they actually put me in a school all by myself and told me to manage it. The regular manager is working at a Jr High for the manager there who had knee surgery! I am SO glad they didn't put my in a Jr or Sr high school!!!! There is so much to remember to do just at an elementary school and even more so at the secondary schools! I think I might just have dropped dead of a heart attack at one of those schools. Truly though, that is why they did things the way they did.
The kids at the elementary are so stinking cute!!! I really have enjoyed being there with them. The work isn't hard, just stressful trying to remember everything that has to be done. I spent 4 extra hours of my time there that I will not get paid for as they do NOT give any type of over time. Bummer :(

Megan made it through her interview for the other job and now has to jump through some hoops before she can start working for them. The place is called "Chrysalis" and it is a place the special needs adults who can live on their own for the most part, but still need help with things like shopping and that sort of thing. She is planning on staying with Subway for the time being as well and trying to get some things paid off. (smart on her part)

Ford is still working for Arctic Circle but not many hours at all. He currently has a girl friend that I have yet to meet :/ I am not sure how I feel about this at the moment because all I have heard of her so far is drama!!! I asked him if that was the type of person he really wanted to end up with. He isn't talking to me much about it right now. His grades are still not good, but he is doing some make up stuff in a class he is taking at school. Hopefully he will pull off some sort of miracle and get himself graduated. I decided after all the fighting and stress I had with Megan, and trying to get her through school, that I wasn't going to go through that again with Ford! I ask him if he has homework and encourage him to get it done, but that is the extent of things really. If he doesn't want it there is nothing more I can do to make it happen, and I am too tired to fight with him about it. So I am hoping at some point that he will care enough to make it happen.
As for now, that is the update on things here at my house. I hope to hear SOMETHING from some of you soon! Miss and love you all! Jana & fam

1 comment:

Jana and Family said...

Wahoo! Up date just today. I found out the Ford no longer has a girl friend :) At least for the moment. SO I am good with that!