Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Posing a question

Hey everybody! Hope your almost winter is going well. I have had the opportunity to spend the last couple evenings with Mom. We have had a chance to chat a bit and I have also talked to Dad a little. I am trying personally to get to know them better. I want to know them as people.
I was talking to Dad about things I would remember most about him, so this is what leads me to poae this question. What would be the memory about Dad and Mom that you would think of most often when remembering them. If you would share them with me I would really appreciate it. I know that we all have different memories. Maybe your memories will stir something I might have forgotten.
Anyway, if you get the chance and would like to share, I would really like to know what you come up with.
I will share one of my most prominent memories of both. Dad took me once when we were trying to work out a rough patch ( one of the many) and he took me out to Ogden and we went dragging the blvd. which also gave us time to talk and calm down a little. It is one memory I will remeber always.
One of Mom is when she came to the Roy high for something (I'm sure I was in some kind of trouble), but we were walking down the hall together for a while. After she left I had a guy I went to school with ask me who the "chick" was I had been walking with. He was so embarrassed when I told him she wasn't a "chick" but my Mom! I wasn't embarrassed at all though, I was proud that she was my Mom.
Anyway, there is one of each from me. Love you all. hope to hear from you soon. Jana

3 comments:

Optometry martins said...

For Dad, I will remember all the silly made up songs he used to sing, especially the potty song where he was bouncing up and down on the seat of the buick.

I will always remember the times I was little and mom was home. I can remember waking up from a nap and mom being there. I doesn't seem that out of the ordinary but it didn't happen much so it sticks out.

Jana and Family said...

Thank you. How are you and yours doing anyway?

Optometry martins said...

Oh you know. Busy busy. I just finished up midterms and now I have to start on finals. Katie is loving kindergarten, Ryan is trying to get into as many things as he can, as fast as he can, and makes us laugh every day. Jenn is doing well, and doing awesome at being a mommy. I don't know how she does it. I go insane if I have to sit at home for more than 2 hours, under the best of circumstances.
So other than a little tendonitis in my wrist, and an occasional achy back for jenn, we're great!