Monday, January 12, 2009

Thanks to everyone

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes in cards, calls, and messages. It was a good day, but a great evening. The kids were excited enough about my Birthday to account for ten of me. Jennah made a wonderful cinnamon cheesecake for our treat. With a bit of rasberry and caramel sauce, it was heavenly. Jesse and I both have guitars now, so we are going to challenge each other to learn to play.

I have a question for you all and I'm hoping you can help me gain some wisdom and understanding. In gospel doctrine on Sunday, we read a scripture, Doc & Cov 88: 15-19. This is talking about the resurrection. But, to me its unique because I believe this reference is talking about a Celestial Resurrection because of verse 17. It struck me because a few weeks ago we had a lesson that hit on meekness. In vers 17, it tells us that in order to inherit a Celestial Resurrection, we have to be meek. Obviously, meekness is tremendously important.

So, here's my question. What does it really mean to be meek. Humility doesn't really cut it for me because too often, its spoken of in the scriptures as a stand alone attribute. I'm really wanting to understand this and I welcome all thoughts.

Love you

Dave

1 comment:

Jana and Family said...

All I can tell you is I KNOW I am NOT meek! SO if this is one of the things we need to be I'd better get working on it asap! I will do some questioning and see what I can come up with also.