Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another word question (for real)

Sorry about the empty post, I hit "enter" on accident.

Anyway, I have another word question for Christi. Today, our lesson in Priesthood was from the Joseph Smith manual on apostacy. The similarity between the words apostle and apostacy struck me. Is there a common root there? If so, what does it mean? I thought about how thin the line can be between the two sometimes, especially when I reflect on the early church struggles.

As for what's going on with us right now, I don't have too much of note. We are plugging away. Everyone is well. I am grateful for my job, though I always try to keep my head up for other options. I'm planning on taking some CAD classess at the local Community College since its a skill I've always been interested in learning, I have the GI Bill, and I can't settle on anything else right now.

Tax time brings mixed feelings. I did my taxes last night and it was good news for us. At the same time, can anyone tell me how it makes fiscal sense to give a tax return for money that wasn't paid in taxes in the first place? It baffles me a bit. I'm happy to pay my fair share, in fact, I'd rather pay my fair share than see the deficit continue to expand beyond belief.

Anyway

Love you all

Dave

No comments: