Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The simplest answer is usually the right one

... and the most often overlooked! I had a rather fun experience in clinic today where I couldn't get a kid to see clearly out of one eye behind the lens machine, even though I knew he could see without it. Funny thing, you'ld have thought I would have pulled the machine away to see if there was something wrong with it, and I did everything to it, except put my head in it and look through it, but I didn't, so I spent a ton of time trying everything I could think of to get this kid to see, and finally through my hands into the air and asked the attending for help, first thing she did was check the machine, and sure enough, even though I had just used it on a previous patient, it was messed up somehow. So moral of the story, don't go looking for complex answers until you've ruled out the simple ones. And yes I made a complete clown of myself re-learning this!

5 comments:

Jana and Family said...

Steven, I love you!

Optometry martins said...

Not enough to spell my name right, apparently Jana Lee!!!!!! I am so offended!!

mom&dad said...

Hi! STephen, Life is like that the easyway always looks to simple so we have to go the tough rout.. only to be taught lifes simple lesson.. love you all..

Jana and Family said...

Hahahahaha so sorry about that! I was commenting to you while being a little sleep deprived! (kinda like now) and I only meant to put Steve, no "N" I really am sorry! Still I am sitting here giggling my hinny off!

Optometry martins said...

So glad to make your hinny giggle, but that's more Chet's job? Or so I would presume.... anyway, on to the next post!