Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quick trip....










Hello everyone, We just got home today from a quick trip to St George. Seems like that is the only kind we seem to be able to work out these days.

This weekend was a perfect time to make a quick trip though. The temp wasn't as hot as we all know it can get, and we were also privileged to some thunderstorms while we were there. It doesn't rain much during the summer months so it was a treat! (an it smelled SO good!)

Dad seems to be recovering pretty good, I think he is more uncomfortable than he ever lets on, but he tries to make the best of things. His pooch loves him so much, she has a hard time staying away from the sore areas, but it is cute to see how they interact with each other. She really is a cute dog.

While we were there Dad & Mom took us out to the "Glitter Pit" where Ford and Chet, and Mom for that matter where in their height of heaven looking for the 'big' stones. It was a neat place and a fun ride. I am sure we will have to venture out there on future a visit.


Megan wasn't with us, she had a job interview, which prevented her from going, so our trip felt like it was missing something the whole time. Only it wasn't something, it was someone. Both of my kids play such an important part in my life and I really miss them when they are not around! They are growing up so fast and I have to admit, I am not looking forward to the day they "fly the coop" so to speak. Not to say that I want them to stay home forever either though. I am just painfully aware, when they are not with us on a trip like this, how much I truly enjoy having them around and how much I will miss that when it changes! Ford is such a great guy! He helps me out so much whenever I ask. He might grumble a little but he always steps up to the task. He has such a big heart and has such an amazing testimony! I know he will make a great missionary. Not too long from now either. Megan is going to be a senior this year and Ford will be a sophomore! I only have three more years of basic education to get them through. It almost doesn't seem possible, but I sent the paper work in just this last Monday so I know that it is for real!

Anyway, I always get rambling on way more than I ever intend to, but I love you all and I miss you tons! Christi and Mindy, I have veggies if you feel so inclined to come and get some! Onions, beans, zucchini, yellow squash and the pumpkins are doing fabulous! So if you have a minute, even if you can't hang out all day, feel free to come out and share in our "spoils" (blessings) . I would love to see you.

I have included a couple of pictures of our trip to the glitter pit. I would love to hear for you all. Hope things are good however busy they might be for you.

1 comment:

Jana and Family said...

Oh ya, if you would like to see our garden, just check out my parkerspanic.blogspot.com. You can also just click on my name on the side of our blog and it will show you my other blog and you can just click it from there. (at least I think that will work)