Sunday, November 22, 2009

Plans certainly change

Well, in case you haven't heard, we will be coming out to Utah for Thanksgiving. We hadn't planned to, but Jennah's Grandma passed away last week and the funeral is Tuesday. Jennah's Dad was pretty insistent on having as many people there for the funeral as possible so Jennah and the kids are driving out tomorrow morning. Between school and work, I'm not going to make the funeral but rather than having Jennah rush back Wednesday so we could spend Thanksgiving together I'm going to fly out Wednesday evening and we will go down to St. George Thursday morning. Its just the way things work out sometimes. It'll be nice to see as many of you as possible. I wish I was going to have time in northern Utah to see you all, but my plane doesn't get in until after 8:00 so that would make any visit a bit late, especially with a drive the following morning.

Christi, I have thought about the whole idea of congratulations for callings, especially after everyone congratulated me at church today when I was sustained, and I've decided that for me it seems almost out of place. Congratulations almost implies that a person has accomplished something. I guess a person could argue that's true if someone is getting a calling. However, I think that now its time to accomplish something. Heaven knows I didn't accomplish anything that makes me feel ready to lead the young men. But, off we go and with Heaven's help all will go well. So, in short, congratulations aren't necessary but I could use all the prayers you can spare.

Caleb is really starting to show tremendous progress with speaking and comprehending what's going on around him. Its fun because its seems to be happening so suddenly. Oh, you know how I used to make all kinds of sound affects when I played games and with legos and such. Well, Caleb has taken up the torch and I think he has triple the number of sound affects is his repertoire than I ever imagined. I goes along well with his love of rockets, airplanes, and cars.

Signing of for now. Love you all.

Dave

No comments: