Thursday, September 11, 2008

Glad for all of you!

Hi All!

Hey everyone, I just want to thanks you all for being such amazing people, and for including me in your life! Today I have been just a little lonely, and how nice it was to get on the blog and find a new post from my funny sister. You make me laugh! I enjoyed reading about what is going on so much it made me feel better.
By the by, the pumpkins are ready, whenever you want to come and pick a few out.
I have been working hard on the back yard too. I was going to go out and take a picture to show you all what I have been doing, but when I got the camera out, alas, the battery was dead. Now it is charged and again, alas, it is dark out now, and the sprinklers are on. Oh well, I guess I will have to try again tomorrow.
Chet will be having his second cortizone epidural tomorrow afternoon, hopefully his back will improve a little more. We are praying that it will get better so that we can avoid him having to go to surgery.
The kids are good, school, is going well, I think. I say I think, because.... I have not been following Megan & Ford as closely this year, due to the fact that last year it almost ruined the relationship I have with Megan. So this year I have taken the position, of casual interest, and occasional reminer person. They are at the age now that if they don't want to do something, no matter how much I beg, plead, or bribe; they won't do it. I had to tell Megan and myself, that if she wants to graduate, it is entirely up to her. All I am doing is trying to encourage her, and mostly trying to keep myself in check. This approch is harder than one might think. I still want to bar her from doing ANYTHING if her homework is not done. I just don't want a repeat of last year, it was really that bad as far as school goes.
Also, I am trying to teach them to get out of bed on their own. Mom & Dad how did you do it without killing me? Truely though, I don't think I was ever this bad. Megan can wake up, carry on a conversation with me, go back to bed and never remember that we even ever spoke. She is currently grounded from driving the car until next Friday (that would be one week from tomorrow) because she was late for school, and our bargin was that if she was late first thing in the morning, or after lunch, she would loose her driveing privelages for a bit. So far she is not a happy camper. Especially today when I drove her to work with the car she drives and is responsible to keep fuel in. She was very mad that I was "WAISTING" her fuel making two extra trips as opposed to letting her drive her self. I told her it was fair because I shouldn't have to waist my fuel when she should be driving herself. Also if she was going to complain about it, I would start using HER car to drive her to school in the morning too.
Oh the joys of everyday life. Truely though, I am so glad for my life and for Megan and Ford. I love you all, sorry the post is so long, but I feel better anyway.
Love Jana

2 comments:

mom&dad said...

Sometime it's a tough lesson to learn in life about fairness,you must do things that aren't always fun.. But the more we go through life the faster we learn that lesson and many more..
Love dad

Tinabean said...

Jana it sounds like we have got to talk!
I think you are living with my daughter she is exactly like your megan.
I'm at a loss also.
You are welcome to email me anytime at tinabean1988@yahoo.com

By the way I talked to trishia burbank (harris) tonight at the home coming game & she said they are going to have a 25 year reunion.