Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update

Hey everyone! Bout time we got a new blog. Just a little update on what's going on with us:
Katie has begun preschool at Dilley Elementary School, and she really seems to like it. She goes every day for a few hours at a time. She has also started a soccer 'group'. its not a league or competitive group, but just a bunch of mostly LDS people that want their kids to play and learn. they have games in their age brackets but they don't keep score, so its been pretty good. She gets a little mad when she doesn't do things up to Pele's level of play, and she went from telling us that she was really good at soccer to, "I'm not good any more," after a frustrating practice where she was too busy playing around to listen to her coach.

Ryan has inherited his Dad's climbing genes and loves to get on anything he can. his most recent favorites are the dinner table, chairs and the couch. We're hoping he doesnt move on to bigger and higher things like the top of the fridge. He is getting so big and chatters all day long, throwing in real words mixed in with the baby chatter.

Jennifer quit her newspaper route before we left for the summer because of some issues with her boss about taking the time off work. But when we got back, her visiting teacher asked her if she would be up for helping her watch her daughter a few days a week for her since her other kids were going back to work, and preschool wasn't every day. So Jenn agreed and is watching a 4 year old 2 days a week. Its been fun for Katie to have someone come over to play, and the little girl is well behaved, so it hasn't been too difficult. She is also back in the swing of working out pretty regularly in the morning, which she really enjoys. (I get the working out part as good, but I just don't get the waking up at 6 am to do it.)

I have been in school for about 3 weeks now and I'm starting to feel like I better start studying again before it gets overwhelming. This semester is going to be really good as we are covering stuff that I am pretty interested in, but also pretty busy. I also interpret 1 day a week at one of the school's clinics, and have been trying to lose some weight as well, although I do it at a sensible hour, usually 8:30 or 9 Pm after the kids are in bed, and have dropped from 210 to 200.7 lbs. so I am really exited about that.

We have our family garden that has started to yield up some food, which is exiting. So far we have have gleaned 4 ears of corn, and a few carrots. Its getting late in the season, and things are still not ripe yet, so I hope it finishes up quick before the weather turns.

Thats about it, but you can check some of the pics on our family website if you would like to see some updated ones of the kids.

3 comments:

Jana and Family said...

So glad to hear things are going well for you & Jenn. I was hoping you would make a post soon. Hugs and we miss you . Jan

Optometry martins said...

Hey did you get my other message about how I couldn't get the pictures you left on Mom's computer to transfer onto my external hard drive? So I was wondering if you could mail a disk to me with them on? Thanks sis
Steve

Jana and Family said...

I will try to get them for you. It may be all of them, but thats ok, you can just get rid of or not use the ones you don't want.