Saturday, September 20, 2008

Long Drive!

Hey everybody!
I sure do miss you guys just so you know! This has been an interesting week here, for at least Chet and I. We got to go on an airplane, for the second time in my life. And I just have to say, it is NOT my most favorite thing. I even took a motionsick pill, and it really didn't help much except to make me really groggy for the rest of the day.
Let me explain, Chet hit a cow! Yes a cow. Last Thursday, he was on his way home from Jackson Hole Wy, it was about 10:30 pm or there about. He came around a bend in the road and didn't hardly see the BLACK cows dotting the road. Trying to make me feel better he told me "Well, I did miss the first 2"! Not much consolation. At least he was ok. He got towed home and finally got home around 2:30 in the morning.
He was just going to use the suburban until they got his van fixed, because they will pay milage. However, when he headed out on Tuesday he only made it to Snowville, Ut on his way to Idaho, when the suburban broke down. :( frustration and aggrivation!
Anyway, his boss told him to fly up to Washington, and pick up the extra van they had up there. So, he called me and we made aggangements for me to take time off and for plane tickets and such, and Wednesday morning we were on a plane to Wa. We finally got home late last night. (we worked on our way back home) Needless to say it was a very long drive! Over a thousand miles in 3 days. Still long drive and all, I am glad to have had the chance to go with Chet! The kids even did pretty good getting themselves up and to school. Wow! They are getting so grown up! well, thatsa about it for now. I love you all. Oh, and I do agree with Madi! I'm not much of a pickle fan either. However, I can at least eat them now.

No comments: